Friday 12 June 2015

There is LIFE in Bulwell!

Over the next few weeks I'm going to showcase some of the lovely garden projects I work on, as a way of updating this blog for non-Facebook viewers.
LIFE (Learning In A Fun Environment) started off in Aspley, and was the first place I ran a gardening course as Sessional Lecturer for New College Nottingham. It's the brainchild of the inspirational Suzie Wright and is more than just a day centre for adults with learning disabilities - it's also a place where they are on the staff. I owe the 'It's The Gardening Lady' name to LIFE - when I used to arrive on my bike I'd hear people shout 'It's the gardening lady!" so when I needed a business name that's what sprang into my mind! We had a lovely garden in Aspley which we used to grow food for several years, and when LIFE relocated to Bulwell Suzie created a very different but equally lovely space in the area behind the building. If only all day centres valued gardens and food-growing so much.
Here's some photos of gardeners creating 'Pizza Pots' - tomatoes, sweet peppers, oregano, and basil. Colouring-in is very popular so I try to incorporate it into an art activity which everyone can join in with.The first picture is our mural of May Flowers.









No comments: