Monday 13 June 2011

Two hours

I'm just not getting as much time as I'd like in my allotment, for all sorts of generally rather good reasons. However I like to think I make the time I get there really count.

Today I was there for two hours and I...

Weeded the brassica plot. 
(Before) 

(After)

I also planted a red cabbage and a Nero di Toscana kale from the NOGs plant swap, plus some more left-over Offenham 2, rather titchy, will see how they do.

Cut down the under-performing module-sown broad beans as green manures.

Netted the chard and beetroot as the fleece wasn't protecting all of it (look hard at the top of the photo and you can see some very pecked chard).

Removed the under-performing module-sown onions (it's a theme...) and planted 10 leeks which I'd bought from Stonebridge City Farm at the Green Festival.

Here's the allotment really not looking at all bad.  


No comments: